15.4.10

rêveur dim

A slow, lazy, silver breeze flows into the window and kisses the back of my neck. My arms are wrapped tightly around her, our feet move in seamless motions that were set in place before the world was born. The air dances with music, soft and sweet as they mingle to enter my mind. Some sort of percussion droning low, soft, and thick. Stringed instruments all singing together the song of our love: something too, that was engraved in my bones by God Himself. Our two bodies sway slowly and rhythmically in the night trance.

Feeling her in my arms is like nothing else- it makes life seem tolerable. As long as I have my love to return to, I am invincible. Nothing matters but holding her here, this night, the music thumping vacantly in our apartment overlooking some irrelevant city, or maybe a ghostly range of mountains. In her eyes is something ancient, but it is blooming into a new cycle. Only in her love can I understand the love that was given to me deep in my soul before the foundations of the Earth. I never understood redemption until I grasped her heart fully, and I never understood strength until I knew I would protect her at all costs. I never understood the love of my Father until I learned to love her.

So we dance, carefully and slowly as if the footwork is even what matters. Our lips touch to connect our souls, and we hold each other close as if the world of skin and bones could ever tear us apart. Finally, after waiting my entire life to find out what it means to truly invest in another human being, to truly let myself fall in love, I am here. The woman I fell in love with in my dreams as a boy has finally been sent from heaven above. Everything I have ever wasted somehow makes sense now. The gold sun rises, but I refuse to let my hold on her loosen.

I wake up, in my old bed. I stand on my feet, painfully realizing the difference between being encased in skin and dreaming. My heart sinks, and I stare at the ivory. I go on with my day as I usually do, alone, and full of angst, praying to God that the dream will someday come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment